Public relation companies in Sydney differ from advertising agencies. They don’t buy ads, write stories or even put up billboards. Public relation companies in Sydney promote other companies or individuals through editorial coverage. This is done through sources of free or earned media as you are being promoted through websites, magazines, newspapers and television programs rather than paid channels.
However, public relation companies in Sydney and advertising agencies have the same end goal in mind, they want to promote their clients so that they can convey their positive attributes as well as increasing their overall awareness.
So why choose a public relations company in Sydney over an advertising agency?
The main edge that Public relation companies in Sydney have over advertising agencies is that people are more than likely to recognize when a form of advertising has been paid for. Public relation companies in Sydney work on building awareness through non paid channels which is seen as a better form of communication from a consumer perspective. Most consumers see paid media and immediately switch off. However, if the story comes through a non-paid channel they deem the brand or individual as trustworthy and actually adds value to society.
How do public relation companies in Sydney operate?
Instead of merely paying for the creation and distribution of advertising material, Public relation companies in Sydney operate in the following way:
- Public relation companies in Sydney counsel the management of a company at all levels relating to policy decisions and their courses of action.
- They research, conduct and evaluate communication of a continuous basis to ensure that the communication being relayed to the public is consistent with that of the brand image. These forms of communication may include: marketing, fund raising, and company involvement with the community and relations with the government.
- They also plan and implement the organisation’s efforts to influence change with in the public setting. Planning, budgeting, setting objectives and the recruiting and training of staff are also covered with the scope of a public relation companies in Sydney.
What tactics do PR companies use and how do they help?
The tactics and strategies that Public relation companies in Sydney will ultimately results in what benefits you will be getting from their services. Below is a list of some tactics that Public relation companies in Sydney use:
- Write and distribute press releases and speeches
This strategy involves writing statements to convey certain pieces of information about a company or individual in a professional way. Having a third party undertake the writing ensures that the information stays relevant and does not negatively affect the individual or company giving the speech.
- The creation of special events
PR special events are designed to further expand the client’s presence and acts as an outreach program. They can be used to promote a new product or simply provide more brand awareness through charity or other sorts of special events.
- Copy writing and blog posts
A common tactic that Public relation companies in Sydney implement is the creation of copy and blog posts for a lot of their clients. This includes writing new pieces of content to stay relevant on the internet or promoting themselves through blog posts on hosted websites.